Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Faith...

For some reason this word is something that has been tugging at my heart lately, along with many other things.  What is faith, to each of us that question would be answered differently to me it is so many things, and I think I am finally finding my way of living MY faith!  When Mike and I were married we were young we were sick of mom and dad making us go to church every Sunday, and we didn't want to have anything to do with either of the churches we had been raised in. The next few years were very trying, and many of those times instead of turning to the Lord and asking for help I felt alone.  At that point I pushed away from faith even more, I knew that he wasn't there for me.  Now as I am on my journey to a better me, I think to myself, why when I don't ever ask for his guidance would I expect to feel it.  I am sure in my times of need his sorrow for me has been so great, and I just turned my back.  There is something that I would love to do that I came across days ago, and haven't been able to stop thinking about,  there is a mission trip to Uganda in April that I would love to be a part of.  I know that I live so selfishly and this could be the thing for me that may give me the strength I need!  Pray for me, pray for the orphans, maybe this isn't my time, but if it is I think only a miracle is going to make it happen!

3 comments:

  1. Faith is what gets me through. Each of us in our own way. You are such a wonderful person. I will pray for your miracle. And, I would be secretly jealous. What a wonderful opportunity that would be.

    Love that poem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think everyone has a spark of faith in them- -sometimes it just takes some time and thought to get it burning. I'm happy you're feeling more of the burn =0) I'm amazed that you think you're such a selfish person- -you're one of the LEAST selfish people I know!! You're an inspiration to me, and many others I'm sure. I was just talking with some girls I know who have worked in orphanages in Equador- - -I would love to do something like that!! I hope you get the opportunity, and I would love to hear about it when you get back. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so understand about being sick and tired of being forced to go to church as a kid. I was the exact same way! However, my hubby was not a Christian until we were married over a year and he couldn't get enough of God so we began going back to church. I am so very thankful because I know I could not have made it through this journey of my life without Him!
    Praying for you as you seek Him. May He speak His love and peace all over you!

    Also, I so desperately want to go to Uganda too! It has been my dream to go to Africa for years but it's not my time.....yet! LOL! However, if you decide to go I commit right now to donate some money towards it! I'll pray for direction and a clear answer for you.
    Much love!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete